28.1.14

i think mice are rather nice


photo and mice by maggie rudy

Hello Dear All -- It's been three weeks since I've posted, and now that the very talented Anette Grostad has taken over doing illustrations for the book, most of my work is done. There is still quite a lot to finish up before book #2 is ready to go, but around here, the mad dash is over, and the remainder of my tasks will come along, bit by bit.  All to say, I hope to be posting here more regularly once again!

photo and mice by maggie rudy

And so I thought I would share with you some extreme mouse-cuteness...

photo and mice by maggie rudy

These mice were created by Maggie Rudy.  You can visit her blog here plus read an article about her from Doll Quarterly here!


And if that's not enough, she has created this book (oh, how I love, love, love this book...)


And she has another book coming out this July (yay!)


Just in case there are not enough mice in this blog post to suit your taste, might I recommend The Mousewife by Rumer Godden? The story carries a beautiful message and the illustrations by William Pene du Bois are perfect...


Another favorite mouse-related book in my house: Tumtum & Nutmeg by Emily Bearn. 

photo and mice by maggie rudy

Until next time, happy reading!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my word. What exquisite work! So detailed, whimsical, and...alive. Thank you for introducing us to Maggie Rudy.

    Enjoy your quieter time. And yay, the book anticipation builds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love little furry pretend mice and stories of their little adventures.So excited for your new book and maybe their might be a little peg mouse in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I love Maggie Rudy's mice! I first found them on Tumblr. They look so whimsically life like!

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)